The library provides materials and resources for information, entertainment, intellectual development, and enrichment of the people of the community. The library should endeavor to:
- Select, organize, and make available necessary books, digital resources, and other materials.
- Provide guidance and assistance to patrons.
- Sponsor and implement programs, exhibits, displays, book lists, and other services to appeal to children and adults.
- Cooperate with other community agencies and organizations.
- Secure information beyond its own resources when requested, using interlibrary loan and other resource sharing methods provided through the library system and state when necessary.
- Lend materials to other libraries upon request.
- Develop and provide services to patrons with special needs.
- Maintain a balance in its services to various age groups.
- Cooperate with, but not perform the functions of, school or other institutional libraries.
- Provide service during hours to meet the needs of the community, including evening and weekend hours.
- Regularly review library services being offered.
- Use media and other public relations mechanisms to promote the full range of available library services.
Services of the Library policy reviewed and amended by the Library Board of Trustees, April 11, 2022.