Adults need something to do, too! Learning something new is a great way to keep your brain engaged while you’re stuck at home. Here are some places to find free online classes and learn new skills.
College- and university-level courses
- Gale Courses provided by your library system – This FREE service includes classes on everything from art to bookkeeping, personal health to business management, and much, much more. You’ll need your library card number to sign up.
- Class Central has a list of free Ivy League MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) available through Coursera, edX, Canvas Network, and other online learning platforms.
- Open Culture has an extensive list of 1500 free online courses from top universities, including free video resources, MOOCs, and other online courses.
Learn a new art or craft
- All Free Knitting has a great free online knitting class for beginners, in addition to a collection of free video tutorials for all kinds of knitting techniques
- All Free Crochet has the same kinds of resources for crochet
- The Bob Ross YouTube Channel now has every episode of “The Joy of Painting” online. That’s 29 seasons of happy little trees for you to enjoy!
If you’re on Facebook
- UW-Connects is offering BadgerTalks LIVE, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12pm beginning April 9.
Last updated: April 14, 2020