- Books and books-on-CD are loaned for three (3) weeks. Books on the “new books” shelf are loaned for two (2) weeks with no renewals.
- Current issues of periodicals do not circulate. Back issues are loaned for three (3) weeks.
- DVDs and videotapes are loaned for one (1) week. DVD sets are loaned for two (2) weeks.
- Items may be renewed up to twice if there are no holds on the title.
- Inter-library loans are due on the date indicated by the lending library.
- Generally, reference books and local history materials do not circulate. Some reference materials may be checked out overnight upon approval of the library staff.
Library staff may extend loan periods for individual items when there are extenuating circumstances. The Director may establish the loan period for special collections, materials which are temporarily in great demand, or materials added to the collection that are in a new format. When items are in high demand for a local school assignment, each patron shall be limited to two (2) items on that subject.
A patron with a library card in good standing may borrow a maximum of twenty five (25) items at one time, including no more than seven (7) videotapes/DVDs.