The Friends of the Mercer Public Library invite you to become a Friend! We are now holding our annual membership drive. Your donation of any amount will help to support us as we support our library, and you can proudly say that you are officially a Friend of the Mercer Library.
To become a Friend of the Library, download a membership card to send in with your donation, or donate through our PayPal account by clicking the button below.
Our 2022 Membership Drive has begun!
May 23, 2022
Spring greetings to you and your family. We are happy to report that the Mercer Public Library has been a busy place this past year. The Friends of the Mercer Public Library have been an important part in supporting the innovative new programs, as well as some old favorites, that the staff continues to develop. We can’t wait to see what’s in store this summer!
Please consider being part of the fun this year. Whether you are renewing your membership or are joining us for the first time, we appreciate your support.
Your membership in the Friends of the Mercer Library demonstrates that you realize the value of the Mercer Public Library to life in our community – and we’re grateful. Your continuing support matters. The Town of Mercer provides about 90% of the library’s annual $180,000 budget, but the Friends provide nearly 100% of the library’s public programming budget and supplement the library’s funds for special projects. This past year’s projects have included:
- Visits from historic characters like Abraham Lincoln and Helen Keller
- Wildlife programs with the North Lakeland Discovery Center
- A new outdoor Reading Garden with hardscaping, plantings, and furnishings
- A demonstration rain garden constructed with the help of the Iron County Land and Conservation Department
- A visit by Colossal Fossils, an interactive natural history program
- Supplies and awards for arts & crafts and educational programing
- A luncheon for Mercer School teachers at their summer orientation
- A bike repair station added to our Reading Garden thanks to a grant awarded by the Gogebic Range Health Foundation and matching funds provided by the Gary and Virginia Theisen family
- “Extras” for our library patrons like BookPage magazine, a public movie license, and just recently, the Kanopy video streaming service
Please consider helping us in our efforts and show your support for the library by making a 2022 membership donation.
Thank you for your consideration,
The Friends of the Mercer Public Library
Beth Wetzler, President | Gail Ondresky, Vice-President | Opal Roberts, Treasurer | Patt Moses, Secretary