Mercer, WI – The Friends of the Mercer Public Library are planning several activities for “Love Your Library Month” in February. Visit the library to join the celebration!
Some of the activities the Friends have planned include:
- Take a blind date with a book – you might just find a new literary love! Check out our blind date display in the library.
- Drop by on Thursday, February 10 between 10am and 2pm for our “Day of Appreciation.” You can write a note of appreciation to a loved one. We’ll provide cards, art materials to craft your own card if you like, envelopes, and even the postage!
- Cardholders who haven’t visited the library in a while may receive a postcard from us. Bring in your postcard and check out an item, and you’ll be entered to win a $20 gift card from Snow’s Family Market.
- Take our Love Your Library Month reading challenge: Stop by to pick up a Reading Tic-Tac-Toe card or download and print your own card. Return your completed card to be entered to win prizes.
Want to show your library love?
Here are some ways you can support your library this month:
- The best way to show that you value your library is to use it!
- Visit the library and check out a book, audiobook, movie, game, or other library item.
- Place a hold on a popular item in our online catalog – it’s the best way to get the new books and movies you want!
- Use your library card to access Wisconsin’s Digital Library. Download a free ebook or audiobook to your phone using the Libby app.
- Attend a library program.
- Add your message about why you love your library to our tree. We’ll give you a free “Love Your Library” bear sticker to say thanks. You can also use this online form to tell us what you love about your library!
- Order us something from our Amazon Wish List.
- Sponsor a library magazine subscription.
- Attend the Friends of the Library meeting at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 8. We’re always looking for new volunteers to help with Friends events like our book sales, garden projects, fundraisers and more. You can attend the meeting in person or virtually. The Friends meet every month on the 2nd Tuesday, so if you can’t join us this month, mark your calendar for another meeting.
We hope you’ll join us to celebrate Love Your Library month!