Sourdough Beginner Class with ‘Bread by Gabbie’
May 4 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Are you interested in making your own sourdough breads, rolls, and more? Join “Bread by Gabbie” in a free beginner class. The class will cover everything, including:
- what ratios to feed your starter
- how to care for and feed your starter
- when it’s at its peak vs fall stage
- making a dough for you to take home to make a fresh loaf
- seeing doughs at various stages so you can see the whole process from start to finish
- a TON of time to answer your questions
- and of course, various goodies including bread for everyone to try!
If you’d like to be a hands-on participant in the class, we will request a $11 materials fee. Please bring a large glass or plastic mixing bowl, a jar to bring your starter home in, and a wooden spoon for mixing. You’ll go home with a starter, a banneton, a tea towel for the banneton, a banneton cover, a dough to make your own loaf at home, a packet with all the information we went over in class plus Gabbie’s recipe, inclusion recipes, and FAQs.
Others are welcome to observe the class with no materials fee. All are welcome!
Space is limited, and you must call the library at 715-476-2366 or email email@example.com to reserve your space.