- This event has passed.
Mercer Library Bike Rodeo
August 13 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Adults and kids of all ages are invited to a Bike Rodeo at the Mercer Public Library on Saturday, August 13 at 11:00AM to 1:00PM.
- The 906 Adventure Bike Club will provide skills training and a bike course to try. Bring your bicycle and a helmet!
- WinMan Trails will demonstrate bicycle safety checks and basic bicycle maintenance using the Mercer Library’s bike repair station, with sessions at 11:30AM and 12:30PM. They will also share information about WinMan trails and mountain biking in the northwoods.
- River’s Edge Outfitters will bring some eBikes and other bikes to try
- Extension Iron County will bring their blender bike and share FoodWise nutrition education information. They’ll also have information about Iron County’s 4-H program.
- ICORE (Iron County Outdoor Recreation Enthusiasts) will bring information about the Mercer and Heart of Vilas Bike Trails, the Hurley Non-Motorized Trail, and other silent sports opportunities in Iron County.
- The Friends of the Mercer Public Library will provide goody bags while supplies last.
This event is free and open to all, thanks to support from the Friends of the Mercer Public Library and the Gogebic Range Health Foundation.
This event is part of “Bike to the Library Month” at the Mercer Public Library. Ride your bike to the Mercer Library during the month of August and you can enter to win some fun bike-related prizes. Bike to the Library Month is sponsored by the Friends of the Mercer Public Library in celebration of the Mercer Bike Trail and the installation of a new bike repair station at the library in June 2022. Our new bike repair station was sponsored by a grant from the Gogebic Range Health Foundation with matching funds from the Gary and Virginia Theisen Family and the Friends of the Mercer Library.
For more information, or if your business or organization would like to participate in the Bike Rodeo, call the library at 715-476-2366.