Attention Mercer-area business owners – The Mercer Public is here to support you! Here are some of the services we offer that might benefit you and your customers:
- Free “Tech Tuesday” appointments are available to all members of the Mercer community, including business owners. Schedule a 30–60-minute appointment with library director Teresa Schmidt for your technology questions. Recently, I’ve helped business owners and local organizations with email marketing, membership list management, setting up new laptops and other devices, document sharing, and more. (Tech Tuesday is meant to help you learn to use your device and software, but we cannot assist with hardware failures or virus/malware infections.)
- Library services are available to all Mercer area residents and visitors. Lodging owners can encourage their guests to make use of the library’s free Wi-Fi and public computer access; attend library events; or to sign up for a library card to borrow books, movies, and more from the library. If you are interested in having a “resort card” that your guests can use to check out items, please give us a call or stop by and we’ll be happy to work with you.
- The library operates on a 100MB symmetric fiber internet service, which is faster than most Mercer-area residents have access to. Feel free to use our computers or Wi-Fi when you need higher-speed access for uploading files, downloading software updates, and more. Our library opens at 9:00 a.m. six days a week, and our Wi-Fi is on 24/7 and reaches the parking lot and grounds.
- Library card holders can access Gale Courses for free. Gale Courses contains hundreds of online classes including software training on Quickbooks, Office programs, and others; customer service courses; using social media for business owners; business management and planning; continuing education for healthcare and education; and much, much more. Visit our website for access to the course catalog – www.mercerpubliclibrary.org. You’ll need a library card number to register for a class.
- We offer printing and copying services (10¢ black and white; 25¢ color); fax services ($1 for the first page, 50¢ for additional pages up to $5 max); scanning to email; notary services by appointment or by chance; meeting room space; and more.
- We’re also here for reference service to answer your random questions. We are happy to help you with the services and information you need to run your business. If we don’t know the answer, we’ll go out of our way to connect you to the people who do.
Visit our library website at www.mercerpubliclibrary.org to learn more about our services, or call the library at 715-476-2366 to let us know how we can help.