The Mercer Public Library will reopen to the public on Monday, June 15, after an extended closure due to Wisconsin’s “Safer at Home” orders and the coronavirus pandemic.
The library will be offering the following temporary schedule:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Check out books, audiobooks, puzzles, games, and other library items
- Copy, fax, lamination, and notary services
- Public computers are available with time limits reduced to 30 minutes per patron, with exceptions for those completing unemployment insurance claims, job search activities, and school activities.
There will be some changes to the library facility and services in order to serve the community in a safe and responsible way. Please follow these guidelines for your visit:
- Enter through the accessible Reading Room door and exit through the main front door.
- Continue returning all library materials in the book drop.
- All visitors over the age of 2 should wear a mask. The library will provide face masks while supplies last.
- Limit the size of your group to two people or less if possible.
- Use good hand hygiene when entering and leaving the library. The library will provide hand sanitizer for public use.
- Do not move library furniture or tamper with any tape markers or signage.
There are some changes to the library’s space to help maintain 6’ social distancing between library patrons. These changes include disabling some library computers, removing some seating areas, spacing out remaining seating, and marking safe distances around our circulation desk. Visitors are asked to limit their time in the library whenever possible and remember that prolonged socializing or extended stays at the library are not permitted at this time.
Patrons are still welcome to request curbside delivery of library materials, and are asked to remain home or use only curbside library service if they are experiencing any COVID-19, cold, flu, or allergy symptoms or if they have been exposed to anyone who has COVID-19 or is awaiting test results. Curbside delivery is available during regular library hours by calling 715-476-2366.
The library is quarantining all materials for 72 hours before returning them to circulation, so there may be some delays in clearing items from your library card. If you are unable to return your library materials for any reason, please call the library and ask for a renewal. Remember that the Mercer Library never charges fines, so as long as you return your materials you will not be charged a fee, even if they are late.
The library’s Wi-fi network is accessible outside the building and is available 24/7. There are extra picnic tables outside for the public to use. The library has installed Wi-fi signal extenders to improve the service in our parking lot, thanks to a grant administrated by the Public Library Association and Microsoft.
Call the Mercer Library at (715)476-2366 or visit mercerpubliclibrary.org for the latest news on library services.