- This event has passed.
HouseWorks: What you need to know about Green Home construction
April 29 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
What do you need to know about your house? Understanding your home’s features and systems can save you and your contractors a lot of hassle. Join us for a series of FREE programs with local contractors and learn from the pros!
On Monday, April 29 at 5:00 visit with Randy Nilsson, owner of Great Lakes Carpentry. Great Lakes focuses on the new frontier of energy conservation and building envelope science. They built the very first Wisconsin ENERGY STAR Rated and GreenBuilt Certified Full Log Home in the State of Wisconsin and are a Certified Green Building Professional through the National Association of Home Builders. Learn more about the art and science of Green Home construction, energy efficiency, and more.
The HouseWorks series will be presented at the Mercer Library on Mondays at 5:00 p.m. Join us for one or come to all five.
• April 22 — Rick Boes, Rick’s Appliance Service Appliance installation and repair
• April 29 — Randy Nilsson, Great Lakes Carpentry Green Home construction
• May 6 — Rob Schmidt, Schmidt & Sons Plumbing and septic systems
• May 13 — Pete Wetzler, Williams Electric Electrical components, maintenance, & winterizing
• May 20 — Joshua Cullen, Plumbline Construction Home building, remodeling, and finishing
For more information on any program in the series, call the Mercer Library at 715-476-2366.