Meet your summer reading goals
The Mercer Public Library 2019 Summer Reading Program will be held June 10 to August 2. Kids of all ages are welcome to participate: just keep track of your reading and enter your completed log to be entered to win! All kids are eligible to participate, including visitors and summer residents, but kids MUST BE PRESENT IN PERSON to register and again to turn in their completed logs.
Register before July 3 to be eligible to win prizes
Preschool to 4th grade: On registration, you’ll receive a reading pack including a log and stickers to track your reading time. Place one sticker for every 15 minutes of reading you do this summer. Complete your reading log (50 stickers) to be entered to win one of our Summer Reading prize packages!
5th grade to high school: Pick up a summer reading Bingo card. For each bingo you complete (across, down, diagonal, or four corners) you’ll be entered to win one of our Summer Reading prize packages.
Summer Reading special events
In addition to completing your summer reading goals, join us for 2019 Summer Programs at the Mercer Public Library. Check out our calendar of events for a full schedule, including:
- Monday, June 10 — Registration opens for Summer Reading Program
- Thursday, June 13 at 4:30 p.m. — The Traveling Lantern Theatre Company presents “My Mother the Astronaut”
- Thursday, June 20 at 2:30 p.m. — ”In Capable Hands” presents a fun-filled show of comedy, juggling, magic and audience participation.
- Saturday, June 22 at 2:00 p.m. — Get a taste of square dancing at a Community Square Dance with Eric Tagman. No experience required!
- Thursday, June 27 at 11:00 a.m. — Discovery Center “Bats”
- Wednesday, July 3 — Summer Reading registration deadline
- Thursday, July 11 at 11:00 a.m. — Celebrate the sun with Mercer Library
- Thursday, July 18 at 11:00 a.m. — Have a “Moon Landing Party” with Mercer Library
- Thursday, July 25 at 11:00 a.m. — Discovery Center “Beaver-cology”
- Monday, July 29 at 11:00 a.m. — Tie-Dye with the Mercer Library (Weather permitting; rain date August 5th a 11:00 a.m.)
- Friday, August 2 — Last day to turn in Summer Reading Program logs and bingo cards!
- Thursday, August 8 through Saturday, August 10 — Used Book Sale
For more information and details, call the library at 715-476-2366.